It’s the beginning of summer here and my kiddos are begging to go swimming every day. I’m already prepared with my maternity bathing suit, but it’s always nicer to have a cover-up for the in-between times of getting to the pool or beach and actually swimming. Nap-time Creations has a great free pattern and it works well for maternity bodies too with only two minor changes.
This project is so simple; I completed mine in less than one hour from printing off the pattern to completed project! So, let’s get started.
- Women’s swim cover up pattern
- Lightweight knit fabric
- Basic sewing supplies
- Print your pattern and decide the length you desire. I chose to have it fall at my knees and then added 3 inches for the baby bump.
- Sew your cover-up according to the tutorial at Nap-time Creations.
- Attach the sash. Instead of attaching the sash at your waist, simply mark where the top of your baby bump lands and place the sash there.
- You’re done! Go relax and enjoy the beach. For me, I don’t really get to relax since I have three kiddos I’m chasing around. But it’s nice knowing I’m covered up nicely.