Getting dressed when you’re pregnant can be a little stressful sometimes – I find the number of days when i look at my wardrobe and feel flustered at having nothing to wear just doubles when i’m pregnant.
So over three pregnancies i’ve developed a few tricks – one of which is having a fall back outfit that always makes me feel good no matter what. I absolutely recommend figuring out an outfit combo you like, making a few different versions and pairing them together in your wardrobe so that pulling something out in the morning is quicker and less painful.
This last pregnancy that combo was a Briar crop top and an Erin maternity skirt. I always had a couple of Briar crop tops and Ruched skirts sitting next to each other in my wardobe that all mix and match perfectly – so when i bad day came along (every second day LOL), i could pull any two out, put them on and leave the house feeling like I looked good.
It instantly turns a day that could have started badly, into one thats off to a cracking start :) Here’s another combo of these two sewing patterns that i shared here a little while back.
If you’re stuck for ideas, here are a few outfit ideas you can create using free tutorials from DIYMaternity or from my maternity sewing patterns:
- Briar crop tops + Erin ruched maternity skirts
- Two seam maternity dress (or top!)
- Darling Ranges tunics + Virginia leggings
- DIY maternity maxi skirt + Briar crop tops
- DIY maternity dress
- Cara maternity tee + DIY maternity jeans (or shorts)
- DIY gathered maternity skirt + basic tee
- Cara maternity tee + DIY maternity skirt
- DIY shirred maternity tunic + DIY jeans
- DIY maternity empire waist dress
- The easy maternity skirt + Alissa wrapped top
- Maternity shirt from mens button up + DIY maternity jeans
[Make this look]