Hi lovely ladies!!
I’ve been getting some requests for some super easy beginner level maternity creations – and I think this one fits the bill perfectly! I really love how it turned out. It takes a rather boring tshirt and makes it into something really flattering and super cute. I just love projects where a small amount of effort makes a huge difference!
Okay, lets make one!
What you’ll need:
– A women’s tshirt that’s at least 2 sizes too big for you. Or a man’s tshirt that is the size as you wear in womens wear.
What to do:
1) Try on your tshirt and measure from the armpit to under your bust.
2) Cut 2 pieces of 1″ wide ribbon to be 22″ long.
3) Fold under the raw edges on side and pin to your tshirt so that it is 2″ in from the seam, and as far down as your empire waist (the measurement we found in step 1 – for me this was 4″)
4) Sew the ribbon to the tshirt
5) Put it on and tie a pretty bow – then arrange the gathers how you’d like them. It’s that easy!!!
This is definitely one of my favourite maternity tops yet :)
Happy sewing friends!! XOXO